2012/11/01

"Because fear, as I have observed, is a dreadful thing."

This morning, the day after Halloween 2012, perhaps the scariest - and for millions of us - the #Sandiest Halloween of mankind so far, I came across an interview that was done already in the 70s of the last century. 
The subject was: Ffff....E... hehehe...A...aa...R...rrrr!


Halloween 2012, scariest so far ...



At first I thought: Wow, that's a long interview, an hour (!), who knows if I can take that, but - hey presto - the time was over. Perhaps one of the shortest hours I've ever experienced. 

The subject however is - in my opinion - as relevant as ever. 
Maybe it has evolved considerably already for the one or the other of us. Got any fear? Looking forward to Your answers, first of all, let's plunge into it ...


20th February 1974 6th Conversation with Dr. Allan W. Anderson 
'Fear'
Dr. Allan W. Anderson: Mr Krishnamurti, if I recall correctly I think, we had begun to talk together last time, just at the point where the question of fear arose, and I think we both, perhaps, could explore that together a little.
Jiddu Krishnamurti: Yes, I think so. I wonder how we can approach this problem, because it is a common problem in the world. Everyone, or I can say, almost everyone is frightened of something. It may be the fear of death, fear of loneliness, fear of not being loved, fear of not becoming famous, successful and also fear of not having physical security, and fear of not having psychological security. There are so many multiple forms of fears. Now to go into this problem really very deeply, can the mind, which includes the brain, really fundamentally be free of fear? Because fear, as I have observed, is a dreadful thing.


So what is Your fear?  And if You got any, would You like to share some of it, just to let go of it? 
(Maybe start just with the ones in Your consciousness ...)
Something that works for me: Fear is very similar to suffering. Once You share it, You got only half of it left. Does that work for You as well? Or would a list of fears multiply? 
This might be a good chance to let some of it go and maybe reflect on it from a distance? 
#Fear is as well tagged on Twitter.  What do You feel and what are Your impressions if You follow the track? Is it relief or a drag?
I am interested in how You see the "dreadful thing" and am looking forward to your comments down below :)

2 comments:

  1. hi thomas.

    it's nice to see you writing in #english, and also to see this "classical" interview again.

    i haven's seen this video for a long time, can not remember the details and will re-watch it tonight (thank you for providing an alternative to senseless surfing or mindless tv-zombification...).

    i've got only one remark. to me, Helloween (or #samhain) has nothing to do with fear...

    thank you again for your alsways positive contributions to the subjects of personal wellbeing, well-becoming and #change.

    keep on and all the best.

    Pete



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Pete for Your feedback ;) I enjoyed the interview several times.

      Halloween 2012's been a very special one, as a date, not as an event ... and it has revealed many abysses.
      This is why I thought it might be a good moment for the reminder.
      Some others told me there was not enough time to slow down like this and watch it again for hours ... ;)

      Delete

Got questions or comments on this article? Looking forward to read Your experience on this subject.